Limo in Toronto – 10 things to know before renting a limo
Limo in Toronto can be a great way to make any event more special, but there are certain things you should know before doing so. Taking the time to properly do your research could save you time, money and disappointment in the long run.
Here are 10 things you should know before you rent a limo in Toronto:
- Know how long you will need the limo in Toronto for, it may not be a good idea to rent a limo for a day if you only require a pick up and drop off. It’s best to rent it for a few hours instead as doing so will be much more cost efficient.
- Determine beforehand how many people will be coming in the limo. For example, you wouldn’t want to hire a limo in Toronto that couldn’t fit 12 people if that’s how many you were bringing. Also if you are unsure about how many people are coming but you have a rough estimation, it may be a good idea to get a limo big enough to accommodate more people than you think, instead of hiring several small ones. Discuss your needs with the company and they should be able to assist you.
- Beware of hidden charges. Some companies add on additional charges such as fuel surcharges or added costs for amenities. Make sure that you understand the rates and pricing structure ahead of time in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Your safety is paramount, therefore you need to check that the limo company has proper levels of insurance. For safety’s sake never book with a limo company that cannot promptly show you their insurance credentials.
- Before renting a limo in Toronto, make sure you have researched a variety of companies so you can match and compare the best rates. Different limo rental companies in Toronto offer different packages and services so it is good to have many options on the table to choose the ones that benefit you the most.
- You get what you pay for. If you want a standard ride to the airport then that is exactly what you will get unless you request other extras such as a bar stocked with food and drink, which will cost you more.
- Find out what happens of you agree to book a limo for a certain amount of hours and go over that time. Some companies will bill you in 15 minute increments while others will bill you for another run.
- When renting a limo in Toronto, always review the company’s policies and see what rights you are entitled to should anything such as a cancellations happen. You should allowed to cancel your reservation if problems arise but depending on how close you cancel to your reservation, there may be cancellation fees applied.
- You may find it useful to have a contract to read and understand before renting a limo in Toronto, a contract should include a breakdown of the fees and deposit, rates, year, make and model of the limo and the company’s liability in the event of a break down or a no show.
- It helps to know the company’s reputation, so always try and get references from friends or family who may have used their services before.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make a well informed decision and hopefully have a great experience when you rent your limo.